Custom Search

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

While grating some Ivory soap for laundry (I love this stuff it smells good works better and is less expensive than bottled soaps) Zach wanted to grate some with me. He asked what kind of soap we were using and why. I explained to him we are using Ivory soap and went on to talk of the great qualities of the soap I have loved since I was a little kid. His face dropped he set the soap down and saying "MOM we can't use Ivory soap it is killing the Hippos!"

shocked to hear this I said "what?"

he said "I have proof" and he ran full speed to his room to get his proof

Zach came back with his copy of Zoobooks that featured Hippos

he handed it to me with a great sense of self satisfaction and said

LOOK right there in the puzzle it say NOT to buy Ivory

I searched the magazine for the article and found it Sure enough

you are not supposed to buy products made from the Ivory Tusks of Hippos I had to break it to him that the Ivory in thier tusks and the Ivory that is our soap is 2 completely different things.

I love it that he keeps me on my toes

No comments: