Custom Search

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Styrofoam / Polystyrene packaging

WHAT on earth am I supposed to do with all that crap?

I am sorry to get angry but when i looked at my VERY messy very dirty VERY cluttered Mud Room (as you recall that is my storage room off the back of my house that is my recycling/garbage central)

I noticed that I have at least 5 big things of the slabs of packing material

now I could be mean and break the big chunks into small chunks use it as packing material for any of my sales and send the mess off to someone else to deal with...

I could ignore it and just take the mess off to the dump and not worry about it that crap will outlive my grandkids

I could as I checked on the internet for a fancy neato recycling method use chemicals to break it all up ...however the by products of Benzyne gas produced by it frightened me out it

hmmmmm what can I do with it???

maybe I could put it in a plastic garbage bag and tell my boys to break it into it;s individual balls and use it to stuff hand made stuffed animals??

or make a big ol bean bag??

I dont know what to do with it

anyone who reads this have any ideas in my extensive (3 minutes between childrens screams for MOOOOM) search I have found no where in my area that recycles it also i dont want to send it off someplace that just uses chemicals to break this stuff down thereby releasing poisons into the air

man this environmentally friendly thing sometimes it seems like everything is working against me in my efforts!

Don't forget Earth Hour tonight 8pm -9pm LIGHTS OUT

2 comments:

babyzen said...

I break it up and put it in the bottoms of my flower pots. It helps with drainage, keeps the pots light so they're easy to move and allows you to use less potting soil. Actually, the only reason I started container gardening is sO I Would have somewhere to put all this foam crap!

Sue said...

An excellent Suggestion! Thanks for your interest and comment I love new ideas!