Custom Search

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The joys of rural living

I was going to put up an amusing story about my attempts with composting worms (the worms have survived my bumbling skills and are all OK) however the "honey wagon" arrived today and has led me on a whole new path

It seems that our old septic system is in need of some TLC this will involve my dear Dave renting or borrowing a back hoe and digging a ten foot deep trench to fix some pipe that could be either 5 or ten feet long

yippee

you can hear the glee in my voice no really (said kinda sarcastic but kinda actually happy)

Dave will get a "vacation" of sorts and get to play with large power tools and dig in dirt

and I will get to have him home for a few days granted he will not be doing anything we had PLANNED on but he will be around so I guess it could be worse

So to help with this problem we are having we are now going to a water conservation method that I personally am not fond of (good thing it is summer)

our water conservation is the ol "when it is yellow let it mellow when it's brown flush it down"

so that will work for any females of the clan (ME and my neice when she comes for her visit)

for all males who keep thier "plumbing" on the outside they can go in the woods

my poor dears they will survive so long as they pee on the weeds and not in the garden!!

of course they could pee around the garden and that would help with some pest control but we dont have a problem with pests most of them are afraid of the random loudness from my boys

One of the best things about this though is getting to talk to and see the pair of fellows who run the bussiness they are good people it is a father and son great folks The dad is a real hoot and reminds me of my uncles which is bittersweet as they all died a long time ago but this guy is a gem amoung people he offered to help Dave as much as he could with the work THAT is what is neat about rural community we see this fellow every 3 years except maybe in passing in town and he offered to help out as much as he can with this huge plumbing project I said if he could I would feed him and I am a great cook (or at least my boys tell me so)

That is what is cool about rural living sure everyone knows you and your bussiness but

everyone knows you and your bussiness and cares and wants to help out too

No comments: