Custom Search

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I need to learn about carpentry

I come up with all kinds of neato things to build and put together things that will save us money and energy

but since I cannot use power tools (I do not know how) nothing that I come up with gets built no matter how cool the idea is

so there is that I just need to find a class in the area for me to take

Of course Dave is not much better oh sure he has the tools and he knows how to use them but he never has the time to dedicate to doing extra projects when he is home he is doing the basic bare necessities to keep things around here running.

heavy sigh (LOL)


oh well someday things will get made

things like

solar oven

passive solar hot water heater

passive solar greenhouse (Dave does not think this one is possible for him to put together at all)

solar dehydrator

perhaps we will try to tackle something today

but I doubt it there is laundry to do and with this crowd that takes a long time to get done

not to mention football practice for Alex and Tim

I will be impressed if we get our fall garden in

we want to plant

more peas

some spinach

some more lettuce

and Kale

and carrots

wish us luck

Dave tilled a space for it and needs to till up some more I have to convince Nik and QT that the tilled dirt is not thier sandbox and then mix in some pig poo so the dirt is more than just ...dry sand....

oh and our yard has not had more than a few drops of rain in a week

2 comments:

Freitags said...

Why wait for a class? They have great tutorials online. Or books, have you checked the library? That's where Bryant and I learned how to build our bookcases, deck, fix plumbing, etc. I learned to can by reading the instructions that came with my canning jars. The best way to learn is to try. I bet you can do anything you put your mind to. Don't let others hold you back, you don't need anyone but yourself.

Sue said...

Oh I can do the measuring and drawing the lines and getting the peices put together an hammered or screwed in place

it is just the use of power saws that scares the crap out of me

especially with Nik QT and Zach running around ignoring me. That makes any large project fun.